File Size7,1 MB
- Audio, Video & Multimedia
- Bussiness & Office
- Education & Science
- Games & Entertainment
- Home & Hobby
- Astrology & Mystic
- Food and Drink
- Free Time & Recreation
- Health & Nutrition
- Manufacture & Living
- Personal Finance
- Personal Interest
OpenAstro.org is a free open source program for Linux which allows you to calculate horoscopes and create horoscope graphics on your own computer and in less time. The interpretation and analysis of the horoscopes are left up to yourself, because the program only makes the calculation and display of images.
- Planets and aspects can be chosen freely. Even celestial bodies like Chiron, Juno, Vesta, Pholus, Ceres and Pallas are supported.
- Local selection: You can use an offline atlas on the basis of Geonames with 8000 cities or an online atlas (Geocoder) with Google Maps, where each location can be chosen arbitrary.
- Different charts: Transit, Synastry, Natal/Radix, Combine, Composite; Support of European and traditional chart view.
- Solar Return and Secondary Progressions
- Monthly timeline of all aspects
- Cusp aspects
- Fictional points such as North and South Node as well as Day and Night Pars
- Ephemerides from 1800 AD to 2399 AD. But this can also be expanded seperately.
- You can import data bases from the programs Skylendar (SKIF), Oroboros (XML), Astrolog (DAT) as well as Zet8 dbase (ZBS).
- An export is possible in the formats JPG, PNG, SVG and OAC.
To calculate the planetary positions, the program uses the Swiss Ephemeris library (swisseph) by AstroDienst.
English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Nederlands, Portuguese, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Greek, Danish, Czech, Bulgarian
Freeware - Open Source
Your opinion is important to all users of this page. Therefore, please leave a little statement about this software. Describe your impressions, tell us if there is something missing in the description, if you had problems using the program or if you can add something. Thank you very much.
Write a comment
Nobody has written a comment to this software. You can be the first one.
You can rate this software positive or negative.
- All Systems
- Author Search